Thursday, March 13, 2014

What have I been up to?

Well, I'm still not finding the energy to talk about myself enough to actually blog but I'll give it a try.

In the past couple of months, I've experienced some notable things.

Last month I gave blood for the second time in my life (I think?) and I passed out for the first time in my life. Not a fun experience. This week I got my donor card in the mail. Hope it was all worth it!

my view before passing out

In February, it snowed. A lot. I found ice piles for days and even a couple of weeks after all that snow came through.

March 1 - two weeks (ish?) after the snow

Remember all of that apartment plumbing drama from last summer? Yeah, it's still happening. As recently as last week, they've been coming in to "ensure that the plumbing repairs are complete". What kind of idiots did they hire? Seriously. Shouldn't you know when you've finished it? They keep saying they've found a problem they have to fix, drill holes in our walls/ceilings, leave a mess through our apartment. We've just come to accept it by now. The only thing we can do is move out and hopefully that'll be happening in a few months.


I can't wait to see the end of this lease. And I thought the last place we lived in sucked! Ha.


Last week we went to see a live show of Welcome to Night Vale, an awesome podcast that you should really check out. It was at a place called Motorco in Durham, NC. This show was definitely worth the drive. We saw WTNV last year in Greensboro, NC and this show was even more amazing. It was interactive and fascinating. It's definitely worth the drive!

Cecil Baldwin - WTNV

I'm trying to retell the past couple of months through pictures I have on my phone, so bear with me... Last week we also went to IKEA for the first time. I was dreading it because I know how huge it is and I slightly hate shopping most of the time. Also, it was kinda late in the day already and I'm definitely not a fun person once I'm tired. It is known.

SIL enjoying the chair selection

We were looking for a new bed frame, and of course the bedrooms are in the opposite corner of where you walk in. So we had to look at every freaking thing on the way there (I think we found a shortcut or two but still). And I had to want half of what I saw. Honestly, there's some pretty cool stuff in IKEA and if I had had room for additional furniture in this tiny apartment I probably would have actually bought more things.

Guess what we ended up walking out of IKEA with? I didn't intend on buying anything that day but it was getting late and raining outside and we had definitely had enough of the world by then. That place is a maze, if you didn't know, and we followed the stupid exit signs for what felt like forever before finally making it to the checkout area. As far as we could tell, there was no way to get out without buying anything. All of the empty registers were barred off and there was no empty space to get around them. You had to go through a checkout line. They were all fairly full and I felt silly standing in the checkout line without any items, so we grabbed a bag of colorful straws and a pack of tealight candles. Both things I wanted but probably wouldn't have bought if I could have gotten out of there some other way. Silly, I know.

husband making laundry detergent

Last week (apparently last week was a busy one) we also made another batch of our homemade laundry detergent. We last made this stuff in January 2013 and only just ran out. AMAZING. I'll have to calculate how much we spent on the ingredients but I'm certain it's cheaper than buying already made detergent. Plus, we can control what is in it. I follow the instructions I found at How Does She. This year's batch smells amazing. We used lavender scented fabric softener in the batch. I bet we could even make our own scents and incorporate them into the mix. Something to think about for next year!






Well, that just about catches us up. Long post with poorly lit cell phone pics. Just what everyone wanted. :)

What's been going on in the Internet? Who's blogging where? Tell me about all the new things.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I have never actually been to an IKEA...but after reading about you being trapped in there, I don't think I want to go!

Sorry that the apartment frustration still isn't over! Those people sound crazy.

Ashley said...

That is awesome you make your own detergent. Also I like your Game of Thrones Reference... "It is known." (BTW, I'm not a fun person when I'm tired either!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...