Monday, November 25, 2013

Random Raves and Rants

It's been a rollercoaster lately.

Been busy at work and going to be even busier this week trying to cram five days of work into three.

I'm one more dead animal picture away from never checking my Facebook feed again. I understand everyone has the right to post whatever they want, but I spend more time blocking people from my feed than I do engaging in anything interesting or worthwhile. At this moment, I have over 50 people blocked from my news feed for graphic images or general idiocy. I do that instead of unfriending because they won't find out if I just block them. See, it's just not worth the stress or drama. I don't think I'm overreacting here.

Plus, I won't run into any more spoilers. I got ruined last night for a show I'm not even interested in and I was still really upset about it. So rude!

Blood pressure's going well. Switched to something new over the weekend, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm avoiding blogging about something else that happened this weekend because I'm exhausted from it and don't know what to say.

The first half of the weekend was pretty great, though. As you may know (if you're cool like me), Saturday was the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Doctor Who. Yes, this show has been on the air (off and on) for five decades. How crazy is that? So there was an awesome celebratory new episode bringing multiple doctors together to do a thing. I won't say in case you haven't watched yet. But why haven't you? Get on that! It was amazing!

To avoid having to listen to a football game Saturday night and the usually ensuing chaos (love ya, in-laws!), I escaped with SIL to watch Thor: The Dark World. Best decision ever. It was SO good.

In related fandom news, I've started reading the Astonishing X-Men series. Joss Whedon is my gateway into all kinds of crazy things. I'm still pretty new to the comic world but I'm already invested in this series after the first few issues. Here's hoping I can elbow my way into this thing.

And finally, River got a hoodie and she hates it and it's hilarious.

So that's that. Hope everyone's ready for the holiday season to begin. :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

I hope you are okay...if you need to vent or just talk about whatever happened this weekend, you can e-mail me.

I hid so many people from my Facebook feed, from the same reasons, I ended up just deleting my Facebook!

Amber in South Carolina said...

Matt just had me start watching Dr. Who and I am obsessed! Sometimes it is just so hilariously British and I LOVE it :)

Nikki Brown said...

I have never seen an episode of Dr. Who. Everyone thinks I'm crazy. I'll have to look into this show.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...